Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Saturday shop ... The Society Inc

I only managed to fit in a few shops when I was in Sydney just over a week ago. Don't ask ... after all your marvelous suggestions I threw my back out and could barely walk. One shop I HAD to visit was Sibella Court's The Society Inc. Amazing! This wunderkammer of a shop is a must see on your Sydney travels. Two tiny rooms in a bijou Paddington terrace. Two tiny rooms packed to the rafters with the unusual, the quirky, the weird and the beautiful. Like a bowerbird's nest. Like an old hardware store. Like a step back in time. Like a dream. Only Sibella could pull it all together and make it work. On a wet, miserable day I was giddy with excitement.  (Apologies again for my point and click pics. One day I'll buy a decent camera. Have promised myself a fabulous rug first :P)

  

  

Kids room Vintage design Vintage dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment